1.11.2008

Who's a Jetsetter?

Today I was up at 4AM in a car by 5:20 and on a plane by 7. I was in West Palm Beach by 10:30 and on the road by 10:45. I did two site inspections at two different mansions in Palm Beach and was back at the airport by 1. My co-worker kept sending texts making jokes about, "are you having fun yet?" and things like that.

And my people. I was having a blast. I felt so cosmopolitan, so Thoroughly Modern Millie I could barely stand it. If I hadn't recently lost my Armani sunglasses while out with a couple of 25 year olds, it would have been the perfect day. The transportation was flawless, the places were amazing, the weather was gorgeous and because of my corporate card, I was able to get into the Crown Room on the way back.

I was home by 7:00.

I think the best part of the day was an IM conversation I had today that started after I got a phone message accusing me of screening my calls.
TP: i would have answered your call but I was on a plane and they wouldn't let me use my phone.

Dan: a plane?? where the hell are you?

TP: palm beach. i'll be back tonight.

Dan: u r 2 mucho

TP: I told you. I am a big time event producer. I flew down this AM, looked at two insane mansions and now I'm back at the airport where I plan to drown my "flight delayed" sorrows in free drinks at the crown room.

Dan: mansions? crown room? who the hell are you?

TP: I am The Princess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Princess of my ass...

Susan said...

Among other things ...