10.15.2008

Can't we just vote already?

This is why I don't retain anything of the debates. Within the first ten minutes, I'm irritated about something and that's all I can think about.

Tonight it was McCain's insistence that Obama was out to get that poor plumber who wanted to buy his business and wouldn't be able to if Obama's tax plan went into action. It was from the first question. Our next president was talking about how he wanted to cut taxes for the majority of people - 95%, ish. And Blinky McCain kept interrupting.
Yeah. But what about Joe the plumber?
And the better Obama's plan sounded, the more agitated he became.
Yeah, but you're not helping Joe the plumber? Don't you like Joe the plumber? Just because Joe the plumber makes more than $250,000 a year doesn't mean he couldn't use a tax break just like those men trying to support a wife, three kids, an ex-wife, two other kids and feed a dog on $30,000.
It became so ridiculous that even Joe the plumber was saying, "Oh. Please just give it a rest. I'll pay more taxes."

And now, here we are on question five or something, and all I know is that McCain blinks about 137 times a minute, and Obama's tax plan means I get a tax break. But, really, what more do I need to know?Obama '08!

No comments: