12.18.2007

Fitzgerald Found Me.

It's happened. I've been found out by my family.

I recently received a comment on my "How It Happens" post from a mysterious Misty B.

My first thought was, "Yay! Another reader who isn't guilted into it by just knowing me or HRH."
Then I read her comments and she made these cryptic allusions to my hometown, Fitzgerald. She called it FishWorld -- a nickname only used by locals. In my day it was FishBarrel. I think it was probably started by some Northerner who got lost taking an exit off of I-75 and stopped at the Suwanee Swifty to ask for directions.
Lost Yankee: Could you tell me where I am?
Fitzgeraldian: Fuhitzgeerald
LY: Fish Barrel?
F: Fitzgurald
LY: Fish World?
Anyway.

So, I get this comment from Misty B who is obviously from Fitzgerald and I freak a little. In my hometown not only does everyone know everyone else, they know everyone who has ever lived in Fitzgerald and are usually related to most of them.
I immediately edited every blog in which I wrote about my family, changing names to initials and deleting photos, and I went back to my email.

Misty B is my cousin. She used to be Misty F which is what caused the confusion. I learned this because I had an email from her.

She briefly caught me up on life through some small talk then this:
Anyways I also wanted to tell you that I have read your blogs...And I think you and mama should talk...you both have some of the same opinions about your mamas...haha....and also I read this...

tell my mother that she is in control of her life and that her current situation is the result of decisions she made for her life. I discuss my life openly regarding my domestic partner, Erica, the new home we're buying, the fact that my family is so separate from my life because Mom doesn't want me to be out to them.

And I just wanted to let you know that seriously.....I am cool with this...I love you...to me you have always been my cool favorite cousin...that I never get to see.....Your life is your life....whatever you choose and whom ever you choose to spend your life with is your choice..I think it's great... oh.. mama knows too...she is cool with it too.... she says we all need to meet sometime and hang out...And what happens on the internet....stays on the internet...haha.. Well just wanted to tell you that....write back don't be a stranger...
And, next to my birthday message from the Universe, this is the best email I've ever received.

No comments: