2.15.2008

Another Prayer Answered

I have been waiting so patiently. I asked for this as soon as I first came across them on Court Street. Incredulous, I glared at them in the window and thought, "Dear Smoking Baby. Please make these the next fad." And then today. Today in one day.

Three pairs.Three different metallic colors. Three different women. Wearing these insane, disco dancing leggings.

I love American Apparel. They brought us little non-sweatshop-fabricated nuggets like the thigh high tube socks and helped facilitate the return of leg warmers. And now, honest to god lamé leggings in metallic colors. And people are wearing them ... to work. I mean, I'm guessing that's where they're going on the trains in the morning but who knows? Maybe they're going to dance class to learn the hustle. Though, I don't think that's the case.

I think that creepy designer guy who owns American Apparel is playing a joke on the world. As he hands over the designs to his workers (well-paid, not sweaty people) he giggles.

And he says, "No really. I swear to god. If we make them, someone will start wearing them. Just watch."

1 comment:

flea said...

21st Century version of "The Emporer's New Clothes"