8.01.2008

Sitting Silent

There's a woman I pass every morning and every evening on my commute.
She sits in the subway station at 7th Avenue and 9th Street in Brooklyn.
Most times I see her, she is perched on her suitcase (she recently replaced her old red one for a black one), either napping or reading the paper.
She's a big smoker and loves soda. Usually she's got a two-liter bottle of orange soda or Coke next to her.
The labels are always stripped away.
Occasionally I see her writing in a little notebook.

Two weeks ago she went missing.

Then last Thursday I was on my way to work and there, in her spot, amid a pile of cigarette ashes, I notice a small sheet of notebook paper.
Unknown Woman

Sitting Silent
Morning Welcomer
Sitting Silent
Watching Walker
Sitting Silent
Reading, Recording Horror
Sitting Silent
Lost to Slumber
Sitting Silent
Raising Wonder

No comments: