9.16.2008

Get Over It Already.

Democrats of the United States, stop being such pussies.

Recently, Erica and I were sitting around with some friends at our house discussing what to do with our upstairs bathroom. Since our move last November, it has remained the one spot where we couldn't make a decision on which way to go with it, decor-wise.

Wallpaper? Paint? What colors? Someone suggested chalkboard paint.
Shouldn't people be able to write on a bathroom wall?
Days later we (read: Erica) bought the paint and a box of chalk and got to work.

Now we spend an inordinate amount of time in there doodling and it's filling up nicely. We've got the requisite, "for a good time call ..." entry as well as a nice "AC/DC" tag. During the Barack Obama speech at the DNC, our friend added "Barack Around The Clock". A couple of nights ago another friend added a political note of her own: "Flush Palin!" with an arrow pointing toward the toilet bowl. I thought it was funny and clever but then it got me thinking about this Palin hysteria.

Since when have we been so intimidated by a Vice Presidential candidate? It's like McCain isn't even running anymore. All you hear about these days is this redneck who is the mayor of a town smaller than Fitzgerald. As someone pointed out recently, the entire city of Wasilla couldn't even sellout Radio City Music Hall.She's another douche bag VP Candidate. Remember Dan Quayle? He was a douche and you didn't see the media or the Democratic party running scared because he was going to get Bush elected. From what I remember, Bush was elected in spite of Quayle. Not because of him.

Now I get that Sarah has other qualities that Danny didn't. She's likable. I mean, not for me. I find her abhorrent. But pretty much everyone between LA and NYC can find something endearing about her. Hockey mom, nice legs, good hunter. And, this fact certainly frightens me as much as the next sensible voter. However, can't we play it cool?

The more we focus on her, the more apparent the fact that we're all terrified of her. (I'm talking to you, Obama.)

2 comments:

EdC said...

I'm for Obama unless McCain REALLY makes a case for my vote. Never thought you'd hear that from me, huh?

Anonymous said...

The election: I am going to say the worst thing ever. I am not crazy about Obama. I know, I know…But hear me out; He reminds me of a car salesman; hence he has a great presentation, but a little too slick with not much background. I will say, I like he brought Biden on the ticket. Bravo. I feel the VP is the understudy for the lead role. And if for any reason, he can at least give him some insight.
So you know I am voting for Obama/Biden because the idea of McCain as President with that "soccer Mom" as VP is so nauseating, it makes me want to rescind my citizenship.
I am insulted as a woman that she is thisclose to told to the world we feel she represents the typical American female. Aside from being on the complete opposite side of the spectrum in what she preaches, she is the epitome of everything I detest. And we as independent women spend our whole life running away from.
I really feel if the media weren't up everyone's asses all the time, better qualified candidates would consider the job. If the media had dogged the candidates in the years gone by, do you think ½ if them would have even offered to tackle the position? Who wants their whole life turned upside down and inside out. What happened to just looking at someone's track record, ability to do the job, not whether they wear boxers or briefs of want to cross dress in their down time. Purge…Purge… I feel so much better…