9.19.2008

Yo ho ho!


Hey! Have you guys heard about the new pirate movie?

It's rated ARRRRRRRRR!
(Pause for uproarious laughter.)That's right. It's International Talk Like a Pirate Day. No kidding. I didn't even realize it existed until my friend LJ told me that she likes to call her dad on International Pirate Day (usually after imbibing, of course).
Hi Dad! YARRRRRR! It's International Pirate's Day, Yarrrrr! I gots me a pegleg and a bottle of rum, yo ho ho! Yarrrrrr!
Apparently these two guys were playing racquetball one day, started taunting each other with pirate phrases, and decided to create their own holiday. Not too long after they recruited Dave Barry and now all across the world people celebrate every September 19th with their best, "Ahoy mateys!" and "Shiver me timbers!" and whatnot.

Why, I'm wearing an eye patch right now. Arrr.

No comments: