3.30.2008

Ok. I'm figuring out how this thing is going to work for me. Erica found an article in the Times today on blogs that are being turned into books. For serious money. From serious publishers.

This is what I want. And not because I want a book deal. Because I want to be able to get Random House to pay for my Past Life Regression session with Shala Mattingly.A session with Shala is $300. But. If I could convince Random House (or McSweeney's. I don't care) that it was necessary for my research and that it should be covered under my expenses ... how cool would that be?
Me: You know Dave. I'm really inspired to write right after a day at the Four Seasons Spa.
Dave Eggers: Susan. You are fantastic. I want you to write a lot. So, go to the spa for a week and put it on the card!
Me: Yippee!
And I will write. And I will seek therapy near and far. I don't care how many therapeutic ranches I have to be pamperd in to get my stories out, I'll do it. If it takes a million foot reflexology sessions to recall even five sentences of a story, I don't care. A hundred visits with wacky mediums and seers on Oxford Press' dime -- Bring it.

No comments: