4.04.2008

Not at This Address


We got another package for The Believer at the building last week. This time instead of being addressed to Heidi Julavits, it was addressed to Ed Park, the Cofounder and Editor. It was from a publishing company, so I'm guessing they were sending Ed a copy of their latest book for his review. The package sat in our foyer and after two days, I couldn't stand it any more.

I took it.

It sat in my kitchen for a couple more days. I really wanted to open it, just to see what book it was, but I didn't. (Mainly because Erica wouldn't let me.) So, I finally admitted my theft to Jay who said, "You should at least decorate the envelope." So I did. And I put the blog address on it. Then I wrote, "Not at this Address" on the front and I threw it in a mailbox.

Now, if I got the mail for Ed Park, I know I would check the blog, just for curiosity's sake. If I were Ed Park, I would probably be far too busy to check some random blog. Plus I would probably get the envelope and roll my eyes. "Not this again. I wish people would stop tagging up my mail."

I'm just hoping that whoever ends up with this envelope is not friends with people at Tumi Publishing.

"Dude. Ed just got your book and some asshole totally drew all over the envelope and plugged her blog at the same time. You should prosecute her for destruction of property or something."

2 comments:

Mathias N Oz said...

I want you to design my next tattoo... cool art.

Susan said...

No problem. I'll design all of your tattoos if you want!