9.03.2008

You're Invited!

The other day Flea and I were in a little gourmet/organic market trying to kill time before our burger joint let us in for lunch. We're poking around at the various grains and hippie vegetables when I come across a little fabric thing with a cute cowboy hat/stars and stripes motif. It's a P.I.M.P.

As I'm checking out the other styles, the granola loving vegan at the counter announces, "Those are GREAT! I absolutely love them."

"Them" ... the "P.I.M.P."'s, as it were ... are reusable feminine hygiene pads. P.I.M.P. stands for "Party in my Pants."

Ewwww. Reusable? Pads?Ok. I get the whole organic, love the Earth, stop global warming thing. But answer this for me: Say you're on your period. You're at, oh, the mall. It's time for a new party in your pants. What do you do with the old party? Do you clean it there at the communal sink? Do you swish it in the toilet water and wrap it in seat covers?

I was checking out the Party in my Pants website and it's actually a cute site. Nothing like you'd expect from creepy people who refer to their menstruation as their "moon cycle".

If you're in the comfort of your own patchouli-scented abode, fine. Well, kind of fine. You're still rinsing menstrual blood from a flannel happy face print pad. I can think of few things more hideous than this.

I can think of one thing more hideous. And it came in the form of a "Hot Tip" on the P.I.M.P. pamphlet.

Anybody up for a salad?

1 comment:

flea said...

then there is this...how does your garden grow???:

"I use the DivaCup www.thedivacup.com
actually. But you could also collect by soaking regular tampons or even maybe pads in your plant water. Tampons are easier to soak 'cuz you can just flush 'em after. I'm storing the blood in the fridge until I get a chance to go use it."