10.11.2007

Is 420 Everyone's Favorite Number?

Princess here. I made a real moron move this morning which inspired my friend HRH (Her Royal Highness, for those of you not in the know), and I to start a blog. We felt that others might enjoy reading about our frequent and consistent dumbass moves. HRH and I are very entertained by ourselves, so maybe you will find us equally entertaining.

So, here's what I did. Each morning I go to Equinox in Brooklyn to drop my gym stuff off. This serves a dual purpose. 1 - I don't have to schlep my stuff to the office with me, and 2 - having my stuff at the gym forces me to return later in the evening no matter how I'm feeling. And, once I'm at the gym, I might as well work out.

Right? It's like I'm tricking myself into being motivated. Like when you set your clock ahead by 5 minutes.

Anyway. This morning when I get to the locker room, I notice that HRH has already claimed my favorite locker. Of course, I know her combination, so I open the locker, throw my bag in, close it up and head to work.

At work I send HRH an IM ... "Who said you could take my locker?" HRH replies, "Pardon?" This turns into a 5 minute conversation involving a lot of, "Seriously? That wasn't your stuff?" "Yes, seriously. My stuff is next to me." "Shit. Shit. Shit. I love that bag."

I call the gym and sheepishly tell the guy at the reception desk what I've done. He replies, "Thanks for that story. I needed it. What's your name?"

So, now, I am certain that this guy is spreading my story all over the gym and has probably flagged my membership so that when I sign in from now on, all Equinox employees will giggle at my stupidity.

But, here's the thing. HRH has a unique lock. It's not the standard 2 or 3 locks you see in the gym. And the combination is chosen and set by the owner of the lock. What is the likelihood of someone having the same exact lock with the same exact combination -- not to mention that it was on my favorite locker? Seriously people.

For the woman who found an adorable blue gym bag in her locker today, I am sorry. I suggest you change your combination to something that is not used by every potheaded gym rat on the planet. Also, please do not steal my blue bag.

For the gym guy, thank you for holding your laughter until you got off the phone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA