10.13.2007

When It's Okay to Use the F Word

I got two emails from Mom today. The first's subject was, "When It's Okay to use the 'F' Word." The second subject was "Grave/Parade".

As if that isn't insane enough ....

However, my dear people, there is more. (With Mommy, there is always more.)

So, the F Word email is full of several semi-humorous, pseudo-well-photoshopped images. See example below:



Funny. (ish) Right? I think she's trying to tell me that it's okay that I said "fuck" when she and I were having the long-distance intervention the other night. Super. She's being funny. Good sign.

Then we move on to the second email I get from her, a mere 12 minutes after the "F Word" email.

Subject: "Grave/Parade"

Did some work out at Mama's grave yesterday and thought you might like to see the flowers...Also one photo of V.
She played her flute in the Homecoming Parade last Friday. Not a good photo but I did video also. Love you! Mom





This is my email from her. With her name at the bottom in one of those automatic signatures.
What, may I ask, dear readers ... What message is my mother trying to convey to me?

I have decided to respond. But only to the "When It's Okay to Use the F Word" email.

Dear Mom,
Your message didn't come through completely. There's one photo missing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

maybe, just maybe, she isn't trying to say anything other than I have nothing better to do with my time but to arrange flowers for my deceased mother and take pictures of it (alot of pictures!)
Stop over analyzing Princess!
xoxo
cindy

Unknown said...

one more thing,
your hair looks really awesome in that picture!!