10.15.2007

Mother…

I’ve been thinking about The Princess’s mother and the very complicated, non-descript seemingly harmless emails that she chooses to send to her daughter. It’s hard for any of us to really know what was meant. I have to trust the Princess’s initial reaction though because most of us know our mothers so well, that just a slight change in the tone of their voice allows us to know what they are thinking.

That said The Princess has had a time or two where she definitely was a freak about her Mother. My favorite was the time we were in Georgia, on our way to see her Mother and we were in the car smoking (I’ll note here that we were not drinking yet, as it was before noon and we never partake before noon, we are classy ladies, unless of course we meet for brunch before noon, but you know every rule must have its exceptions). Well, The Princess’s Mother called and let me tell you The Princess made a mad dash to rid herself of not only the cigarette she was smoking but also to hid the entire pack. (Which was sort of hard given that being from New York, we were so excited by the cost of cigarettes in the South that we were buying cartons every day). It was like witnessing a drug bust go down, from the inside. Mind you, her Mother was still a 40 minute drive away. I asked, “Can your Mom see you smoking through her cell phone?” Who knows, maybe she could, HRH’s own Mother always claimed to have eyes in the back of her head.

On Saturday the Princess and I took an hour and a half long yoga class. Let me tell you people, it was intense stuff. Honestly, I think Marco, the instructor, and I got to second base. He was pushing and pulling me in ways… and his hands went places… well let’s just say, it hurt so good. So now we are officially addicted to yoga, where we are learning that the pains in our bodies are emotions and we must forgive these pains because they are lessons. Also, we learned that we are not the same person today that we were yesterday. Listen people HRH and The Princess are growing.

I might add as a side note, The Princess claims to still be sore from Saturday’s yoga and therefore will not be meeting me at the gym for cardio. All, please look forward to soon seeing your HRH hotter than ever and your Princess wearing an eye-patch.

No comments: