11.28.2007

Who you calling blonde?

Okay, so for lunch today I trekked uptown to my favorite salad place, Just Salad. In life there are certain food destinations where once you have experienced their food no other can compare. For me that means sandwiches only from City Sub and salads from Just Salad. Now Just Salad is an insane place where they have like a zillion toppings lined up and four different types of lettuce and they give you a reusable bowl (hello save the environment and have great salad) which if you bring the bowl in you get two free toppings. Not to mention they chop it up into perfect little bits.

So, today I go into Just Salad and to begin the order the woman says, “Your name?” To which, I kid you not; I paused for like six seconds, “um…Heather.” Hello, I blanked on my own name. Is it me or am I getting blonder by the second? Really. My own name. In fact I started laughing and said to the girl, “You’d think that wouldn’t be such a difficult question for me.” Thankfully, she and the guy about to make my salad both found this humorous.

This sadly is not my first blond moment at Just Salad. On my first outing to Just Salad, I successfully answered not only the question as to what my name is but what type of lettuce I wanted. Then as the gentleman stood waiting for me to tell him which ingredients I wanted in my salad, I had a full on panic. I just couldn’t decide, so many choices, I was truly overwhelmed. But fear not, apparently the boys who work at Just Salad moonlight as therapists because he said to me, “Its okay Heather, take your time.” I’m not saying this is what made me a Just Salad convert but it sure didn’t hurt.

2 comments:

Susan said...

It's probably because you use that fake name at Starbucks.

flea said...

is this HRH & the Princess, or just the Princess???? what gives HRH no L train adventures?