2.18.2008

Clear the Ice!

So, last night before my Wii-Mote damage, I was telling you guys a story.

After I explained that, yes, I needed assistance in getting my broken ass off the ice, the screaming started.
Everyone back off!
Everyone get on the rail!
Get First Aid out here!
Clear the ice!


One of the several hovering First Aid assistants explained that if I couldn't prove that my neck was alright that they'd have to get a stretcher. I told him that the wheelchair would do nicely, thank you. Meanwhile, there is one do-gooder kid there trying to help as well as a 10 year old pro skater can, by holding my left arm up over my head. I'm not sure why he was doing this, but he wanted to be part of the action and I was in no condition to argue with him. Maybe he knew something I didn't. Maybe when you have fallen full force onto ice with your head, the best thing you can do is have your left arm held above it.

So, there I am, lying on the ice in the dead center of the ring (Could I fall by the wall? No. Of course not.) surrounded by guys in blue jumpsuits waiting on the wheelchair. I get lifted into the chair and rolled off the ice and taken to the First Aid office where a very nice guy not only got me an ice bag, but held it delicately against the ever-swelling knot on the back of my head. He assured me that I was not bleeding and he traded in my skates for me. He was very nice. He didn't even laugh at me.

Now, last night when V., who was going for a home run in Wii Baseball, hit me mid-swing, E laughed her ass off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad not to be you. Seriously.

xod