6.09.2008

Smoking Baby Dammit.

I believe all of you have been introduced to my HP (Higher Power), Smoking Baby. He is a miracle worker. I like him because he's sweet and benevolent, but he's got that edge. I'm sure as soon as he's of age, he will get a bad ass tattoo and a motorcycle. He advocates peace and love but isn't opposed to some good old toilet humor.

Erica and I have started using him in conversations where we both feel we need to be heard. No SB in your hand, no words out of your mouth. We used it for the first time last week when we were having an argument and just kept going around and around because we both tend to interrupt as if we already know what the other one is going to say. Very unproductive. I got the SB idea and it worked like a charm. I love SB.

Unfortunately, SB has taken a day off. I just got a call from my sister. This is never good news.Mom, who is not talking to me because she has taken possession over the breakup. You know how in high school you break up with someone and then you find out they're all over the place telling people they broke up with you? Yeah.

Well today, I find out through my sister that today Mom is starting radiation again. There's a what they're referring to as a "spot" on her lung. I'm guessing "spot" is a Southern euphemism for tumor. I don't know. Poor Amy is absolutely tortured right now. She has been trying to move on with her own life, taking care of her daughter and now she's re-immersed in Mom guilt because of her latest illness. I'm trying to help Amy see that Mom's new cancer doesn't get her off the hook for endangering her granddaughter with her pill issues, but it's hard for her. Especially being there in the same town.

Arrgh.

I, of course, am taking it all in stride and counting on my HP SB to take care of everything. Remember, I'm the one going to meetings.

3 comments:

flea said...

uh oh

title with no content means something big

Susan said...

fuh-lea --
can you see the entire post now?
i can, but maybe that's because it's my blog.

flea said...

i got it