10.24.2007

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

You're not even going to believe this!

We have an outside reader!! I swear to god.

He suggested that HRH and I include more photos.



You, dear Outsider whom we love as much as Ralph Macchio's Johnny, got it! You, who have clicked our link, even though you haven't known us for a minimum of 4 years.

O Magazine ... HERE I COME!!

I promise you, dear readers, I will include more pictures. As you may have noticed, I have finally figured out how to do that word highlight click on it to see something thing. (I have not, as of yet, acquired the lingo.)

Ok. On to what I'm really here for.

People! I was honest with you. I poured out my embarassing story to all of you about my mis-signing, "Dancing Queen" all over creation with HeatherJeanne in tow. Well. I have been paid back. With ...

VINDICATION!

Turns out, millions of fans, each country that has a correlative sign language, MAKES UP ITS OWN SIGNS.
It's true. What may serve to convey, "You're in the Mood for Dance", in Hindi at Prince Manvendra Singh Gohil of Rajpipla, India's palace, may be completely misunderstood while performing in the Castro at The Lexington Club.

Check this out. HeatherJeanne is a computer geek. I think her former debaucherous self was her trying to deny the fact that she's actually a nerd. [I am researching photos of her in the big silver skirt with the Adidas Sambas.]

Here's the email I got from her:

Yes!!!! I found two websites - one BSL [British Sign Language] one ASL [American Sign Language] (I'm one with the vernacular now) with video searches of each move. We were actually totally correct.

Well, a few things were off - I think 'that' and 'watch' were different and the hand positioning was slightly changed. Which of course I will amend by studying hard. I will be one with the language. But overall - the point is - we rock.

Of course, you realize we never actually learned the rest of the song. Just those few bars. I think we need to amend that as well.

AND now we can be bilingual by learning both versions. We can be like Madonna saying 'tally ho' (oh yes she did) in a faux british accent. We can insert the British queen and totally confuse people.

(and in your blog, you totally failed to mention that the woman who originated all this performed a random strip tease/lap dance on a stool that night. Just randomly. I think she was even wearing leopard print. On that night.)


Well, she wasn't wearing leopard print, but ...

1 comment:

H. said...

Then the bra was leopard print. You can't see it in the photo - but the clothes haven't come off yet...