10.24.2007

Circle of Life

There are a couple of things that make me smile out loud these days.

One: This blog. I gotta say that when I got Nathalie's comment yesterday asking where my post was, I was flattered.

Nathalie, aka AmeriBrit with a birthday coming up, was our first reader. And ... she's still reading. Now, it's true that she's a complete dork as well as a total slacker at work (this is why our legal system is in the state it is).

And I say, good on ya, mate!

I love writing this blog. I get excited when I come up with another topic or title. HRH and I have discussed it via IM. It usually goes like this:

HRH: I love our blog
LP: Me too! I'm posting right now.
HRH:I am too!
LP: Get out.
HRH: Totally
LP: I love us.
HRH: If I couldn't be me ...
LP: I'd be you.

I should probably be ashamed of this, but really people. We started a blog with the subtitle: Stories from two girls who find each other extremely funny. I don't really think our egoism is such a big secret.

Two: The new music I purchased for my iTunes! Yes my millions of adoring fans, I have moved into 2007, musically speaking. In particular I am quite fond of Lil'Jon & The East Side Boys' "Get Low". Now, I realize this song is from circa 2002, but I bought other current songs (The now 18-year-old Chris Brown's "Kiss Kiss" for example), but "Get Low" makes me grin like Erica smelling bacon in the morning. The first thing that gets me is them saying, "fifty-eleven" times. This phrase was such a huge part of my childhood in Georgia. "You already made me rake the yard like fifty-leven times!" A good childhood memory, for once.

Then, every time I hear it, especially the, "Stop! Oh - Then wiggle with it!" line, I can see my friend Pink Tracy (best known for performing with Dee Trayn in a chicken suit to Michael Jackson's, "Thriller") stopping and wiggling with it.

If you know the infamous Tracy, then you know how she wiggles, and you're probably laughing about it right now. "Bend over to the front, touch your toes!"

When I was thinking about all of this on the walk to work this morning (my best thinkin' time since bathroom time has, for some bizarre reason, become a family meeting opportunity for Erica and Chulo. What is that about?) I realized that blogging makes me happy - the blog made me buy new music (I also bought Fergie's London Bridge and listen to it obsessively) - the new music makes me happy -- thinking about how the new music makes me happy, gives me a reason to blog.

That, my friends, is white light.

PS. I changed my name to La Principessa because, otherwise, the IM conversation would have been between HRH and TP.

Unacceptable.

1 comment:

flea said...

LP, did you give HRH full rights to edit the blog?????......she has changed the LP back to TP. HRH is not that saavy and she would say so herself (uh, she did actually)....would it be mean to change the passwords??? Then if HRH wanted to change anything or even post anything....well you see what I'm getting at...