2.07.2008

If You Don't Want People Talking About You Being An Asshole, Don't Be An Asshole

And, here we go again. My Lost escape is over and I'm back in Hometown Hell.

I just got off the phone with Mom and I feel awful. Because I have done extensive research by watching every episode of Intervention (several of them multiple times) I know what she is doing is deflecting. She is not down with being the center of attention the way that she is right now so she's pointing to everyone and everything around her to try to escape the spotlight.

Still. It kills me when I hear comments like, "You left me when I needed you." I know that this need for me was never expressed and that she is being passive aggressive. I know that when I booked my ticket home that she wasn't speaking to me and A said that she wished I would just go "hawme." But now that I'm here, she's trying to convince me that she said she needed me and that I flatly deserted her, and it's getting to me.I was talking to her about continuing therapy on an outpatient basis and she immediately changed the subject to how her privacy had been violated and that I've exposed her to the entire family. (Deflect. No. Deflect passive aggressively!) This is the same woman who less than a week ago said to me, "Well you lie too. I read your journals from Italy."

People. Seriously. I am about to fucking snap.

No comments: