11.02.2007

You have got to be kidding me

Seriously people, seriously. I mean I go to the gym to avoid this sort of thing. The gym is supposed to be my safe place. And there is a huge bowl of candy in the lobby. Here it is Halloween and I am still going to the gym. No excuse. Susan and I are taking yoga with Puss n’Boots and that’s that. Only to be confronted by an enormous bowl of candy not only upon entering the gym but also leaving. And the kicker is? My trainer is the one standing there with it. Is this some elaborate scheme by Equinox to get us all fatter and thus keep themselves in business?

This Halloween was a big accomplishment for me too. Yes, darlings, your HRH did not partake of one piece of candy. Now, I have no problem with an occasional indulgence. In fact I think they are necessary. It’s just that indulgences must be chosen wisely. Every single person thinks the meal you are eating with them is a special occasion and therefore you should splurge. Every day there is a birthday, or a meeting or its Tuesday and I really like to eat on Tuesdays, seriously daily there is something that I could use to justify eating. But I wont do it people, I wont do it, especially not for some little waxy piece of cheap chocolate.

But don’t you worry about your HRH. She is doing just fine. When I left the hair salon last (yes, of course I’m naturally this blonde, but you know it still needs maintenance) night a kind gentleman about to get his hair cut said to me, “you look just like Nicole Kidman. I’m sure you hear that all the time.” Hello people, I ask you, now is that not better than some crappy Halloween chocolate?

1 comment:

flea said...

Those waxy little pieces of cheap chocolate are only good for removing expensive dental work. The last time I ate a tootsie roll I didn't even get the fake chocolate essence swirling around my pallette before my $300 crown came out embedded into the scored side of one of those evil nuggets.